Happy First Day of May (and day 50 in quarantine)! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and we are finally blessed with some warmer weather here in NYC. As tough as being away from friends and family has been, I’ve grown pretty accustomed to the new normalcy of staying indoors. It hasn’t come without it’s ups and downs of course, but overall I’m just so thankful to be safe and healthy at home with my husband. Today he just received word that his office will not be reopening this month, and so it seems the shelter-in-place order will be ongoing. It can be stressful not knowing just when things will return to how they once were, which is why I wanted to put together this “Healthy at Home” guide.
Below you’ll find all of my go-to essentials that I’ve been using time and time again during my time in quarantine. Of course you don’t “need” any of these to be happy or healthy, but seeing as many of these have added to my happiness I wanted to share. If you have any questions about what you see, please feel free to reach out! I wanted to narrow things down as much as possible to the items I’m frequently asked about on Instagram.
Fitness & Yoga
My at home workout routine has been keeping me quite sane and very connected with friends. In fact, I’m loving that I’m now able to workout with friends all over the world instead of being limited to those who live locally. Here are a few of the products you’ve probably seen time and time again on my Instagram stories that have definitely helped my home workout experience.
- Nike Renew Ride Women’s Running Shoes : These trainers are so comfy and a subtle way to dapple with the neon trend
- Manduka Pro Yoga Mat 6mm: My favorite yoga mat ever. Extra long, great grip, life-time warranty and super durable
- Soma Glass Water Bottle : Perfect for staying hydrated while going for walks in the park
- Manduka Organic Lavender Mat Cleaner: Well you gotta keep your mats clean, right?
- Gaiam Resistance bands: Since I don’t currently have any home weights these have been so clutch for adding extra challenges to body weight workouts
- Theragun: This massaging device uses percussion technology to help ease sore muscles and speed up recovery time. It feels amazing
Work From Home
I’ve been working from home for two years now as a full time content creator, however I know that for plenty of you this is an adjustment! Below you’ll find a few items that have made my WFH experience much better!
- Nespresso Original Espresso Machine: Since we can’t go on that mid-afternoon coffee run, this has been SO nice to have to help keep me happy and focused
- Rose Gold Ballpoint Pens: Okay, I know cute pens aren’t an essential but they’re so cute and I love having them on my desk! Makes ya feel fancy
- Comfy loungewear set: You don’t need to break the bank for cute loungewear. This one is affordable, comfy and I’ve been wearing the slippers all day, every day
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones: Noise cancelling helps to drown out distractions and it’s also polite to keep these on during your conference calls if you’re sharing your space with someone else
- Bloom Daily Planner: In case you don’t have a planner, now’s the time to get one! This one is the perfect size and has just enough space for everything I need to write daily
- HP 24ea 23.8in Computer Display: A large monitor is SO helpful to maximize working space (two screens is always better than one) and I love the size of this one
- Roller Rabbit Hearts PJ Polo Set: The nice thing about cute pajamas is you can practically wear them all day and you won’t feel like a total slob
- KITSCH Satin Beauty Sleep Set: The satin pillowcase is better for your hair and the eye mask feels so luxurious
- Five-Minute Journal: A great way to get into journaling without spending too much time on it
- Hum Glow Sweet Glow Gummies: Perfect to keep your skin and hair looking shiny and healthy daily
- Capri Blue Volcano Iridescent Jar Candle : I love the jar on this one but obviously any candle with a scent you fancy is a must
- Saje Wellness 101 Relaxation Edition Diffuser Set: I keep my diffuser on a shelf above my desk! It’s a great way to relieve stress or feel energized, depending on the essential oil blend you choose
- Skin Gym Gua Sha: Such a relaxing addition to your skincare routine. This helps with lymphatic drainage and collagen production (plus it feels really nice, especially if you chill it)
- Lush Bath Bombs (this particular one is Peachy): Ya’ll know I can’t live without my bath bombs. LUSH makes the best in the biz and I love that they’re cruelty-free!
If you’re looking to up your plant mom (or dad) game while under quarantine, these are a few of my favorite items. I included a faux fiddle leaf (not because I have one) but because I know so many of you are interested in the aesthetic but may not have the right conditions to allow it to thrive.
- Glass Plant Mister: Many plants love humidity so a nice little spritz in the morning is a great way to keep them happy. This mister is so cute, it double as decor
- Gold Watering Can: Any watering can will do the trick but why not be a little extra and go with something aesthetically pleasing?
- Marble Queen Pothos: If you’re new to plant care you can’t go wrong with this one. It’s such an easy plant, can thrive in most conditions and visibly wilts when it needs to be watered
- Palazzo Marbleized Planter: I’m obviously partial to gold and white decor and this marble planter is such a pretty one! The only thing is, it’s better for faux plants OR one that is still in a separate pot since it doesn’t have any drainage holes and is definitely more decorative
- Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree: I have a real fiddle leaf at home (although it’s not doing so hot) but this one seems to have great reviews and is a nice alternative to the real thing!
One thing I’ve been loving during this time in quarantine is my weekly “Art Hour” with a friend of mine (over Zoom). I’ve busted out all my art supplies and since I’ve been getting a lot of questions about them, I thought I’d share.
- Wirebound 8.5”x11” Sketchbook: Such a great little sketchbook for markers, colored pencils, graphite and charcoal.
- 36 Color Necessities Watercolor Value Pack by Artist’s Loft: This is the watercolor set I use and I love it! Lots of great color options and a good way to get started with this medium
- Studio 71 Dual-Tip Alcohol Ink Marker Set of 48 : These alcohol ink markers mimic watercolor in many ways and are great for illustrations!
- Prismacolor Soft-Core Colored Pencil Set of 72: Hands down the best colored pencils you’ll ever use! They blend so smoothly and the colors are incredibly vibrant.
- Black Illustration Micropens by Artist’s Loft: I’m obsessed with micropens and use them for so many different types of art. They’re great for outlining or using as a medium on their own
- Artist’s Loft Fundamentals Sketching and Drawing Set: Definitely a great place to start when it comes to sketching or doodling
Whether it’s making my own plant-based milk or fresh green juice, these items have been a must have during my time at home!
- Matchaful Hikari Ritual Set: Such a great starter set if you’re new to making matcha at home!
- Almond Cow Plant-Based Milk Maker: Such a great way to make plant-based milk without the fillers/gums and save yourself a trip to the store each week. Save $15 with code: MELANIE
- Chef’s Star Milk Frother: Legit the best way to froth up milk for your espresso or matcha lattes
- Cuisinart Juice Extractor: Easy to clean and not too clunky! Here are a few juice recipes to get you started
- Nutribullet Pro Single-Serve Blender: When you lack the counter space for a big blender, this guy really does the trick and whips up smoothies super quick
- Hayes Marble Serving Board: Such a beautiful tray to serve cheese and crackers on your bar cart
- La Marca Prosecco: Perfect for a little Friday evening toast or Sunday morning mimosa
- Gold Pineapple Cocktail Shaker: My gold polka dot Kate Spade one is sold out but this one is equally as cute and perfect for Summer!
- Glass Modern Martini Glasses: Level up your mixologist skills and craft some fun martinis for a virtual happy hour with friends
- Gold Bar Tool Set: This set has absolutely everything you need to hold ice, pour shots and mix cocktails
- Gold Mid-Century Bar Cart: Our bar cart was a wedding gift and we absolutely love it! Such a great size and so pretty
I have way too many things in my beauty routine but these are a few essentials that I use daily and I think you’re going to love!
- TULA Glow Getters 6-Piece Kit: A great intro to the TULA products I’ve been using for years! Save 15% Off with code: HEADSTANDS
- Cooluli Mini Beauty Fridge: Okay, maybe this one isn’t super necessary but it’s so cute and a great place to store sheet masks, eye balms and gua sha
- Kopari Coconut Crush Scrub: Since we can’t travel to a tropical paradise we may as well smell like it! This body scrub is my absolute favorite. Save 20% off with code: HEADSTANDS
- Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer: Hands down the best hair dryer tool ever! It’s like giving yourself an at-home blow out
- Sundays Manicure Kit: Even my husband noticed that my at home manicure lasted longer after using this kit and attending one of SUNDAY’s virtual manicure sessions! Save 15% off with code: HEADSTANDSANDHEELS15
And there you have it! I hope you all find this round-up helpful as you continue to stay home and stay safe.
Leave a Reply