Dates aren’t just for couples. They’re such a wonderful way to connect more deeply with yourself and your friends as well! Valentine’s Day is coming up and while I know it can be a polarizing “Hallmark” holiday, it’s a great excuse to make an extra effort to spend time with the people you love and let them know how much you care, and that includes yourself! I like to think of February as a celebration of love in all its forms, and who couldn’t use a little more love in their life?
No matter who you’re spending Valentine’s Day with this year, it can be a challenge coming up with dates that feel a bit more special than usual, so I’ve come up with 45 fun date ideas to get you inspired! Whether you’re looking to stay in or go out, I’ve got you covered!
FOR A SOLO DATE
- Go to a museum and let yourself take your time.
- Spend the whole day being a tourist in your city! You could even pick up a postcard to send to a friend just for fun.
- Take yourself out for coffee at a cute cafe with your favorite book.
- Cook a fancy meal for yourself. Bonus: you’ll have amazing leftovers for lunch!
- Treat yourself to a spa day. Book a manicure, a massage, a facial, whatever makes you feel extra pampered. You deserve some TLC!
- Take the class you’ve been wanting to try.
- Gift yourself a mini shopping spree at your favorite shop. Is it time for a new book, a new pair of earrings, or perhaps a new plant baby?
- Have the coziest day ever at home – light a candle, gather all your blankets, put on the perfect playlist, and pull out a puzzle.
- Have an at-home wellness retreat. Set up your space and plan a day filled with your favorite restorative activities like yoga, journaling, meditating, and, of course, delicious plant based meals.
- Go to the library or a new bookstore to explore your curiosity without spending a dime.
- Go see a movie and bring your favorite snacks.
- Check something off of your bucket list.
- Get dressed up and take yourself out for a glass of wine or a special dessert at a fancy bakery.
- Go to a dance class!
- Have an arts and crafts night at home.
FOR TIME WITH THE GIRLS
- Try a new group fitness class together and grab smoothies afterwards.
- Test your wits and teamwork at an escape room.
- Host a board game night and have all the girls bring a small edible board to share (charcuterie, dessert, fruit/veggie, candy, etc.)
- Have a pajama party and watch your favorite nostalgic movie
- Host your own paint n’ sip night with mini canvases and wine.
- Get out of town and rent a cozy cabin for the weekend.
- Get day passes to a spa or bathhouse and enjoy some pampering together!
- Go thrift shopping or host a clothing swap at home.
- Dress up and go to afternoon high tea or make your own!
- Take a class together – candle-making, cooking, etc.
- Go ice skating and get hot chocolate afterwards.
- Have a cookie-decorating party.
- Have a vision boarding craft night.
- Have a potluck dinner party where each person brings a dish that’s really special to them.
- Get outside – this might look different depending on where you live, but find a way to get some fresh air together! Watch the sunrise, go on a hike, take a walk in the snow.
FOR A ROMANTIC DATE
- Try a mixology class to level up your at-home happy hours.
- Try a restaurant with a type of cuisine you’ve never tried before or haven’t had in a long time.
- Take turns planning date days. Keep the itineraries a surprise!
- Work on a fun DIY home project together.
- Write a bucket list together and add time into your calendars for a few of the items.
- Plan your dream trip (bonus points for preparing a themed dinner).
- Recreate one of your earliest or most memorable dates.
- Go to a Sofar Sounds or Candlelight concert.
- Make each other “mixed tapes” playlists and have a listening party while cooking together.
- Get dressed up and go to a show at your local theater, symphony, etc.
- Go to a bookstore and each pick out a book you think the other person would like.
- Go for a scenic drive in your area and find a place with a view to watch the sunset and have a picnic (in your car counts if you live in a place where it’s cold!).
- Go on a food crawl – have appetizers + drinks in one spot, dinner in another, and dessert at another!
- Take a walk in a new neighborhood, stopping at whatever cute cafes or intriguing shops strike your fancy.
- Learn something new about each other with the help of card games like this one.
I hope you found these date ideas helpful and if you end up trying one of them out, I’d love to hear about it! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @headstandsandheels so I can see what you’re up to. And if you’re looking for winter specific date ideas, you’ll want to peep THIS roundup of budget friendly activities.
Very beautiful and mindfull ideas for each situation. we must share our love each other 🎀🤍