Hello loves! With Memorial Day marking the unofficial start of summer (and oh my goodness, what a hot few days it’s been here in NYC), I was beyond excited to FINALLY pack away my bulky winter clothes and bust out the bikinis that have been oh so patiently waiting in the back of my closet for the past 9 months. I was lucky enough to spend my Saturday poolside, soaking up the sunshine and drinking lots of rosé, and it appears that every other New Yorker had the same general idea since my Insta feed was flooded with photos of friends at the beach.
Being a Florida girl I miss the constant sunshine, so this summer weather totally puts me back in my element and has me dreaming of city adventures, rooftop pools and frequent trips to the beach. Of course those frequent outdoor trips can definitely wreak havoc on your skin, so it’s important to be a bit more mindful of skin hydration. Aside from applying sunscreen every time I’m sunbathing – I love THIS one – I’m taking the step to be a little more diligent in moisturizing my skin when I’m back home. Which is where the Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup comes into play.
I’ll admit I’ve never really used body/face oils before. I’ve always been more of a face cream or body lotion kind of gal, but when I saw that Milk makeup offered a unique blend of natural oils in an easy to apply rollerball pen, I had to try it. I mean, what 90’s girl wouldn’t want to use a rollerball pen again? Am I right?
If you haven’t heard of Milk makeup yet you’re totally missing out. Created by the same people who brought you Milk Studios in NYC and LA (you know, the place that made Fashion Week cool again), Milk is all about simplifying your makeup and skincare routine with easy to use, mostly natural, paraben- free and cruelty-free products. 🐰💛
The Sunshine Oil is 100% Vegan and is made up of a yummy smelling blend of essential oils, including: grapeseed, avocado, grapefruit peel, tangerine peel, mandarin, and lemon peel.
I found that the best time to apply the Sunshine Oil was right after the shower to seal the skin with extra hydration. I also use a small amount on my face, avoiding my t-zone, before applying makeup – and it definitely gives a nice summer glooow.
A few other thoughts:
- I’m in LOVE with the scent. It’s vibrant, fresh, lemony and not too overpowering
- The packaging is super portable and I appreciate that I can just throw it in my purse to use throughout the day
- It’s very easy to use. Just click the bottom of the pen and roll the oil over skin
- You can use it on your face, body, cuticles AND hair (just be careful to avoid putting it near your scalp)
- Absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling hydrated
- Thanks to the rollerball, the oil doesn’t drip all over the place and makes for cleaner application
- Doesn’t clog pores – or at least it didn’t seem to clog mine!
- It’s a much more natural way to moisturize than typical body lotion (just read the ingredients!)
- Although a little goes a long way, the packaging doesn’t hold a whole lot of the oils
- It’s very pricey ($38)
Despite the pros outweighing the cons, the price point is something that does make me wonder if I would want to keep buying the Sunshine Oil solo or invest in one of their kits since they come with more of their full size products. Or maybe I’ll do what I normally do and wait for a sale.😉 hehe
If you’re looking to try the Sunshine Oil or any of their other products out, be sure to check out Sephora or Urban Outfitters. You can also purchase them right from Milk Makeup’s website, HERE. If you’ve tried any of Milk’s other products I’d love to know which ones you recommend! Just leave a comment below. I’m definitely going to be trying out some of their makeup, so stay tuned for more product reviews coming your way soon.
Wishing you all an amazing week!